Dragon Campaign Guide
Now that the crisis of A Dragon's Revenge has ended, much of the realm is back to normal. However there are still new avenues of adventure open for those who seek to learn the ways of the dragonslayers.
The Faction Towns
With attention focusing on the dragon homelands, contact has been made with the residents of those lands. Gaining the trust of these new allies is the key to attaining many rich rewards. You may complete any of the quests below to increase your faction or simply hunt dragon minions.
Albion: Grimspound in Dartmoor is the home of the Stonecrush.
Koz, the Stonecrush Emissary, is your first point of contact, offering:
- Common Ground (level 35) Prove yourself to the Stonecrush, gaining neutral faction.
- Stonecrush Smash (level 47) Perform additional services, gaining experience and faction.
Cadwallon Madoc and Gertrude Madoc provide further assistance, with repeatable quests:
- The Road to Grimspound (level 48) Help clear the way so more adventurers can arrive safely.
- A Delivery for Home (level 48) Transport resources back home to Avalon.
Midgard: Svarhamr in Malmohus is the home of the Dragonbane Svartalf.
Storr, the Dragonbane Svartalf Emissary is your first point of contact, (If you are already neutral or friendly with the other Svartalf in the realm, speaking with him will give you a head start on your efforts here.) offering:
- Common Ground (level 35) Prove yourself to the Dragonbane Svartalf, gaining neutral faction.
- Triggering a Distraction (level 47) Perform additional services, gaining experience and faction.
Kiaja and Eerla offer further quests:
- The Road to Svarhamr (level 48) Help clear the way so more adventurers can arrive safely.
- A Letter for Home (level 48) Transport a letter back home to Aegirhamn.
Hibernia: Tailtiu in the Sheeroe Hills is home to the Azure.
Cailean the Azure Emissary can get you started here, offering:
- Common Ground (level 35) Prove yourself to the Azure, gaining neutral faction.
- Whispering Light (level 47) Perform additional services, gaining experience and faction.
Cairn and Ellehara offer additional quests:
- The Road to Tailtiu (level 48) Help clear the way so more adventurers can arrive safely.
- A Gift for Home (level 48) Transport a gift home to Domnann.
In addition to these quests designed especially to grant you faction, any quest you discover within the bounds of the dragon zones will grant significant faction. More difficult quests and non-repeatable quests grant faction in larger amounts. Killing the named adolescent dragons and named minions will grant larger amounts of faction as well. In general, more difficult mobs are worth more.
Tasks that Remain
While most of the citizens of the realm outside the dragon lands have recovered from the ravages of the recent chaos and are beginning to resume normal activity, there are still some people carrying on the study of the dragons and dealing with the remnants of the Dragonsworn Army.
Your dragon Scholar will still offer two quests, relating to the dragon zones and the labyrinth.
These quests are Rending the Earth and Draconic Collaboration.
- Pondar Cully is in Camelot at the Academy
- Lailen is in Jordheim at the Temple of the Jotuns
- Harris MacCullogh is in Tir na Nog Castle.
The Dragonsworn have retreated from most of the realm, but the towns nearest to the borders of the dragon land are still having some trouble. Seek out the guardians of these towns and offer your aid.
- Commander Hayward in Cornwall
- Sentry Thunt in Gna Faste
- Glerraent in Innis Carthaig
They will offer the Lurking Stranger quest first. Once you've completed that they offer Attack on Cornwall, Attack on Gna Faste, Attack on Innis Carthaig.
If you have done the original campaign version any of these quests it will count as having finished the new versions. The old "Once more to Huginfel" "Once more to Humberton" or "Once more to Tir na mBeo" quests count for the new "Attack on" quests.
Once you have completed the tasks that remain and gained friendly reputation with your realm's new allies, you are on your way to achieving the Dragonslayer Armor. But though you have proven yourself to the Dragonslayer with your success against the dragons, you also must truly impress the leaders of the new factions.
In Grimspound there are several important people:
- Keranne offers A History in Stone (level 49) which sends you to hunt some of the more dangerous giants
You must then reach sufficient faction for Dannen to believe that Grogotos is ready to trust you. When you become able to use the teleporter, you are nearly to this level of faction. A single additional completion of either of the repeatable faction quests should bring you over the cusp at that point.
- Dannen then offers Moran the Mighty (level 49) which has you facing a powerful giant.
If you have completed the Moran the Mighty quest, you may speak with Los Ortiz. He will offer the Great Hunt Quest. When that is completed, he will grant you your reward: the Dragonslayer armor.
Go to Svarhamr to finish your work in Midgard:
- Stefar offers Battles in the Mist (level 49) which sends you to hunt some of the more dangerous werewolves.
You must then reach sufficient faction for Kiaja to believe that Raxnathor is ready to trust you. When you become able to use the teleporter, you are nearly to this level of faction. A single additional completion of either of the repeatable faction quests will bring you over the cusp at that point.
- Kiaja then offers Yar the Firstborn (level 49) in which you fight the most powerful of werewolves.
If you have completed the Yar the Firstborn quest you may speak with Amaravasa Das. She will offer the Great Hunt Quest. When that quest is completed she will grant you your reward: the Dragonslayer armor.
Tailtiu is your destination in Sheeroe:
- Tristram Callaghan offers Heir to a Lost Homestead (level 49) asking you to kill strong glimmers.
You must then reach sufficient faction for Cleuram to believe that Azure Sonfinin is ready to trust you. When you become able to use the teleporter, you are nearly to this level of faction. A single additional completion of either of the repeatable faction quests should bring you over the cusp at that point.
- Cleuram then offers Maldahar the Glimmer Prince (level 49) setting you against a formidable glimmer.
If you have completed Maldahar the Glimmer Prince you may speak with Chareos. He will offer the Great Hunt Quest. When that is completed, he will grant you your reward: a piece of the Dragonslayer Armor. You may then go on to the weapon quest, or repeat the armor quest to complete your set.
Those who have received Dragonslayer armor can then work to achieve Dragonslayer weapons.
First they must attain proper faction. Each town has a merchant who sells Dragonbane weapons. When you reach the proper faction, he will also sell a stone that allows you to return instantly to their town. When you are able to purchase this stone, you should be qualified for the final quest. Players must also be level 50.
You can get this quest either from the main dragonslayer of your realm or from the dragonslayer Journeyman. You will need to trigger the three dragon encounter and examine the corpses when the dragons have been slain (right click a corpse to examine it.) For information on triggering this encounter, see the section below on The Three Dragons. When you have finished this quest you must return to your dragonslayer in her hometown. She will complete the quest and allow you to select your new weapon.
- Elia is located in Humberton Castle in Albion.
- Skipta is located in Huginfel in Midgard.
- Lirazal is located in Tir na mBeo in Hibernia.
The Three Dragons : Gerik Morrow's Sword
To achieve your dragon weapon you must call the three dragons. If you have completed the Great Hunt quest, you can speak with your dragonslayer. She will send you to speak with Gerik, who will direct you to the frontiers to find and recharge his lost sword.
The steps of this quest can be completed in any order. The Sword itself will look like an ordinary two handed sword. It will appear on the ground somewhere in Agramon. It can appear in any of ten locations scattered around the island. When one player collects the sword, it will vanish from the ground. Other players must find the sword again when it reappears.
When you complete the quest, Gerik will give you an inventory item called Gerik Morrow's Sword. This is the item you must use to call the dragons. It will work anywhere in the dragon's lair or immediately outside of it. You should be able to find a spot where you can use the sword without being attacked, if you are careful.
It's important to note that not every member of a raid needs to do this quest. All that is really needed is for one person to have the sword. If you think it may take more than 45 minutes worth of attempts, it may be wise to have a second sword. Also, if the sword is used when the primary dragon is not in the world and none of the dragon corpses are on the ground, it will cause the dragon to spawn - though the dragon will still take its customary time flying to its lair.
The sword is only good for one use. Using it will cause the sword to jump from your hands to the gate of the dragon's lair, and remain there in a pillar of light for 45 minutes. During this time the dragon is very likely to call his allies when engaged. The sword does not need to be up when you complete the encounter. All the sword does is give the primary dragon a chance to call allies for its duration.