|Profession:||Defenders of Albion|
The Armsman is a member of the Defenders of Albion. They are heavily armed fighters, can use almost all melee weapons and wear the heaviest plate armor. They are distinguished by high defensive and offensive qualities. The Armsman has the highest hit points in Albion and absorbs much of the melee damage due to their armor. If they have a shield and specialize in it, they can build a nearly impenetrable defensive wall. On the other hand, if they specialize in pole arms or two-handed weapons, they do incredible damage to their enemies.
Starting Race Attributes
The following attributes increase with each, every second or every third level up:
- Primary Attribute: Strength (45 points at level 50)
- Secondary Attribute: Constitution (23 points at level 50)
- Tertiary Attribute: Dexterity (15 points at level 50)
Distribution of starting points
If you create a character you can distribute 30 points amongst your attributes. The following distributions are often used:
- With every new level starting at level 6, the Armsman receives skill points equal to 2x his level.
- From Level 1 on, the Armsman can use Staff, Polearm, Two-Handed, Slashing, Crushing, Thrusting,Large Shields, and Crossbows.
- He can wear cloth, leather, studded, chain, and plate armor.
- He can specialize in Polearm, Two-Handed, Parry, Slash, Crush, Thrust, Shield, and Crossbow.
- He also gains the following abilities:
|41:||Scars of Battle|
|41:||Memories of War|
The Armsman gets Auto Train in the following specializations:
This means that if he specializes in one of these skills, he will have an additional 77 points to invest into other specializations.
This specialization is ideal for a second block tank in PVM. Both weapon and Shield hit reliably and cause average damage. Thanks to the high defense skill, the Armsman gets hit less often, and can protect another member of the group. With this specialization an RVR should choose the Battlemaster line from the master abilities to gain access to Bodyguard.
The Armsman can act defensive in emergency situations. He has his high shield skill mainly for the stun. The 39 points in weapon are there for the basic damage (Slash,Thrust or Crush) while the 50 points in Two-Handed or Polearm determine the maximum damage. Therefore you will only see this Armsman armed with a Shield if he wants to stun someone. Right after the stun, he will switch to the Two-Handed weapon or the Polearm to do the real damage. This specialization is for both PVP and PVE. As master level it is recommended to choose Warlord because he can support an Assist Train. It can also make sense to choose Battlemaster for Bodyguard because the Snarestyles both for Two-Handed weapons and Polearms can take a tank completely out of the equation.